Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Learning to Blog

 Before starting this blog, I had to get some experience. I had been reading blogs for along time but still wasn't confident that I could do it. I assumed a facebook page when the former Admin passed it over to me. I wasn't really thrilled with the topic but went with it the best I could. Eventually , I passed that one on to someone else and started my own page.



http://www.facebook.com/tarvacustomboats

 With this page I researched and posted the history of the boat brand that I owned along with links to boats available and quickly gathered 22 permanent readers. This was significant as there were only 23 of these boats were ever built over an 8 year span.



http://bluewaterboats.org/

I found another blog page that also had a Facebook presence and discussed with the pages owner if I could contribute on some stories with him. He agreed. This site  shows in detail descriptions of boats suitable for an extended cruising adventure offshore.

Over a couple of months I helped research to put the following stories on his blog. This was fun because at the same time I was researching possible boats to take our trip in I was getting much needed writing experience.





The first story was on the Endeavour 43 by Endeavour Yachts.






The next story was on the Hardin 45 “Voyager” by Bill Hardin.



And finally We wrote about the Kelly- Peterson 44.


This gave me the confidence to start this blog page and share with you all that we learn as we prepare ourselves to untie those dock lines and head "Out There".


No comments:

Post a Comment